GRANT WRITER – PART TIME
Download the job description (PDF)
Reporting to the Development Director, the Grant Writer will be responsible for all aspects of raising support from institutional donors requiring proposals, for both unrestricted and restricted revenue. The candidate should have a proven track record in producing successful grant proposals, and excellent writing and communication skills.
The Grant Writer will work closely with the Executive Director and the Development Director to pursue prospect research, write letters of inquiries and proposals, and produce narrative and financial reports for all grants. The Grant Writer should have familiarity with environmental, agricultural, food-based educational and capital improvement funders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and secure funding from foundations, community-based organizations and corporations.
- Set and achieve specific fundraising goals for Slide Ranch.
- Work cooperatively with staff to develop content for grant proposals and program budgets.
- Identify new potential funders, including foundations , community-based organizations and corporations.
- Prepare monthly grants updates for the Board of Directors and attend quarterly Board meetings.
- Manage and oversee grant revenue status and management, particularly management of restricted and unrestricted funds. Work closely with the finance team to assure accuracy and proper account management.
- Calendar, manage, prepare and submit all grant reports.
- Maintain database and file records for potential funders and existing grants, historic and current.
- Assist Development Director with special events and cultivation and programming events, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven grant writing abilities with 3+ years of experience in positions with progressively increasing responsibility
- Familiarity working with foundations, community-based organizations and corporations
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple time-driven deadlines
- Track record of identifying and cultivating institutional funders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Energetic go-getter who is a quick learner, resourceful, flexible, and can thrive in an innovative, small, dynamic, rustic, nonprofit environment
- An effective team player who communicates seamlessly with others in different departments and at different levels within the organization, and is able to motivate others
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize competing deadlines, and be resourceful in engaging necessary staff and resources to find expedient, effective solutions
- Ability to respect confidential information, exercise discretion and maintain professionalism
- Strong planning, organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Specific knowledge of PC-based computers with expertise in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Expertise in donor database management systems, including Filemaker Pro
Compensation and Benefits
Slide Ranch offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position is located in Muir Beach, CA. Some weekends and evenings are required.
Send Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Requirement with Grant Writer in the subject line to: email@example.com
Slide Ranch, 2025 Shoreline Hwy, Muir Beach, CA 94965
No Calls Please
SLIDE RANCH - Organization Description
The mission of Slide Ranch is to awaken children’s enthusiasm for the magic and bounty of nature through food, farming and environmental exploration. Slide Ranch provides hands-on educational programming to over 8,000 visitors from across the San Francisco Bay Area each year in School and Community Programs, Family Programs and Summer Camp. We serve public and private schools, as well as community-based organizations and nonprofits. Sixty percent of the groups we served in 2012 were from disadvantaged communities, including homeless children, inner city groups, and students with disabilities. We are located on 134 acres of coastal wild lands, just 30 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge.
It is the policy of Slide Ranch to ensure equal treatment to all persons in matters affecting, but not limited to, recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, promotion, discipline and employment practices, program participation and scholarship awards without regard to a person's race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, disability, national origin or ancestry.