Animals are a big part of everyday life at Slide Ranch. Not only are they great companions, they also provide food and help keep the farm healthy.
- Goats provide us with fresh milk and cheese. They are "browsers," helping us maintain the land by eating invasive plants such as thistle and fennel.
- Sheep provide us with wool every spring, which is used for carding and spinning into yarn with program participants at Slide Ranch.
- Chickens provide tasty and nutritious eggs and meat, eat kitchen scraps and help control worm larvae.
- Ducks help us by eating weeds and slugs.
- Bees make our garden possible by pollinating our plants, and they make delicious honey and beeswax for making candles and soaps.